Are you looking for some recipes to include fish in your meals? Then, try these 10 sumptuous, easy to prepare fish recipes to have a protein and Omega 3 enrich lunch or dinner for you to enjoy with your friends and family.
Tomato-Rich Fish Stew
3 1/2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 cup dry red wine (or substitute broth or tomato juice)
4 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary or basil)
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
1 (15 oz) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
1 pound firm fish (grouper, tilapia or tuna), cut in 2- to 3-inch chunks
2 teaspoons fennel seeds, lightly crushed
1 pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a pan, simmer sun-dried tomatoes in 1 1/2 cups water until very soft. Discard water.
2. In a large pot, saute onion and green pepper in oil until softened.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine sun-dried tomatoes and 1 bottle clam juice until smooth. Add to pot.
4. Stir in remaining clam juice, diced tomatoes, wine, garlic, herbs, bay leaves and olives. Simmer 20 minutes.
5. Add beans, fish, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper.
6. Simmer until fish is done, about 10 minutes.
7. Remove bay leaves. Ladle into bowls;sprinkle with cheese.
1 celery rib, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
hot cooked rice
dash of pepper
hot pepper sauce
1. In a skillet, saute the celery, green pepper, and onion in oil until almost tender.
2. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Top with fish fillets and sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
6. Break fish into chunks.
7. Cook about 3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
8. Serve over rice. Serve with hot pepper sauce if desired.
Grilled Fish Steaks
8 (3 ounce) fillets fresh tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
1/2 cup soy sauce 1/3 cup sherry
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Place tuna steaks in a shallow baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, sherry, vegetable oil, fresh lime juice, and garlic.
3. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the tuna steaks, and turn to coat.
4. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
5. Preheat grill for high heat.
6. Lightly oil grill grate.
7. Place tuna steaks on the grill and discard remaining marinade.
8. Grill for 3 to 6 minutes per side, or to desired
Crispy Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
4 (4 ounce) fillets white fish
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups croutons, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Spray the baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Dip fish into milk. Coat with flour and then dip in milk.
4. Coat with crushed croutons.
5. Place fish on baking sheet.
6. Spray fish with vegetable cooking spray.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish is done. Serve with tartar sauce.
Mediterranean Fish Stew
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
6 cups water
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cubed
3 ounces dry pasta
salt to taste
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1. In a large pot over medium heat, saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add the tomatoes with liquid, water, parsley, and cilantro.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, cinnamon, paprika and fish.
5. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add the pasta and simmer for an additional 8 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
7. Season with salt to taste and ground black pepper.
2/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 cup minced crabmeat
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
salt and pepper to taste
24 buttery round crackers, crushed
12 (6 ounce) fillets sole
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Lightly coat a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat.
4. Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
5. Stir in crabmeat, parsley, garlic powder salt and pepper and cook 1 minute more.
6. Remove from heat and stir in crushed crackers.
7. Spread mixture over filets. Sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
8. Roll up fillets, seal with toothpicks and place in prepared baking dish.
9. Dot each roll with butter and cover pan tightly with foil.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes until fish flakes.
4 tablespoons margarine
1 onion, chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups water
2 (15 oz) cans creamed corn
5 cups milk
2 pounds cod fillets, cubed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Add the potatoes and water and simmer for 20 more minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
4. Add the creamed corn and milk, stirring until smooth.
5. Finally, add the fish, stir well and allow to heat through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spicy Fish Soup
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can green chile peppers, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 cups canned peeled and diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup shrimp
1/2 pound cod fillets
3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1. Spray a large saucepan with the vegetable cooking spray over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions and saute, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chili powder and saute for 2 more minutes.
4. Then add the chicken broth, chile peppers, and cumin, stirring well.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Next, add the tomatoes, green bell pepper, shrimp, and cod.
7. Return to a boil then reduces the heat to low, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Gradually stir in the yogurt until heated through.
Sweet and Sour Fish
1 pound halibut
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups oil for deep frying
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar salt to taste
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1. Cut halibut into bite-size pieces.
2. Place in a mixing bowl and combine with soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of flour. Let it stand for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep-fryer or heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Deep fry halibut pieces until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
4. For the Sauce, saute green pepper, onion and pineapple in a medium skillet for 1 minute.
5. Stir in reserved pineapple juice, sugar, ketchup, water, remaining 2 teaspoons of flour, sesame oil, and salt to taste.
6. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve, by dipping fried halibut pieces into sauce or pour the sauce over the fish.
Curry Fish Stew
2 tablespoons soybean oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 pint light whipping cream3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir in onion, green onions, red chili pepper, and pimentos.
3. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Mix in curry powder, and continue to cook and stir 2 to 5 minutes.
5. Blend cream into the onion mixture, and simmer until thickened.
6. Mix in cod, cooking 3 to 5 minutes until easily flaked with a fork.
7. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Download here a free PDF copy of these 10 fish recipes.
One Reply to “10 Fish Recipes to Include on Your Next Meal”
I couldn’t resist commenting. Very well written!