Are you looking for some vegetable recipes to serve for your next dinner or lunch?
Check these 10 recipes with vegetable as the main ingredients. Keep healthy and stay healthy!
Curried Cauliflower with Almonds
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 cups grated raw cauliflower
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp chicken stock concentrate/powder
1 tbsp curry powder (adjust to taste)
1 tsp sugar (alternative sweetener)
1. Heat oil in skillet to 350 degrees.
2. Stir fry almonds until it starts to brown.
3. Add cauliflower and stir-fry for a few minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the water, chicken stock concentrate or powder, curry powder, and sugar.
5. Add a bit more of water if the mixture starts to dry or out too much.
6. Add to skillet and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
7. Serve with chicken or fish. Makes 2 servings.
Calories per serving: 121; Carb grams per serving 6.5; Dietary fibre 2.4; Effective carbs per serving 4.1; Protein grams 4.2
1 each of red, orange, yellow and green sweet peppers (70 calories 10.1 carbs)
2 tbsp butter (204 calories 0.2 carbs)
1 tsp sugar or choice of sweetener
salt and pepper
1. Cut each pepper in half, remove seeds and internal ribs.
2. Place on foil covered cookie sheet and roast in a 400-degree oven until pepper skin is bubbled and browned.
3. Remove from oven, and place peppers in a paper bag to steam.
4. When cool, remove skins and slice into long strips.
5. Sauté pepper strips in butter over medium/low heat for about 5 minutes. Do not brown the peppers.
6. Add Splenda or sweetener, salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. This is a very colorful side dish and tastes as good as it looks. Makes 6 servings.
Total recipe: 276 calories, 10.8 grams of carbohydrate
Per serving: 46 calories, 1.8 grams of carbohydrate
Cheesy Spinach Casserole
2 10oz. packages frozen chopped spinach
3 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup pecans (walnuts), chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Cook spinach in salted water. Drain.
2. Melt cream cheese and butter together and add to spinach.
3. Put in casserole dish.
4. Top with parmesan and pecans.
5. Heat at 350 degrees. About 4 servings.
Plan on getting 4 servings:
1/4 of entire recipe = ~9.3 carbs
1/6 of entire recipe = ~6.2 carbs
Summer Squash Au-Gratin
2lbs summer squash
4 tbsp butter
1.5 cups shredded cheddar
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook squash until tender. Drain well.
2. Mix with remaining ingredients and bake in casserole at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 311 calories, 26g fat (16 sat. fat), 70 chol., 9g carb, 2g fiber, 10g protein.
Cauliflower (or Broccoli) Casserole
1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 cup sour cream
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
1/4 cup green peppers
1/4 cup red pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
paprika to taste
1. Steam cauliflower for 5 minutes until crisp-tender.
2. Drain and combine everything but parmesan and paprika and put into a 2 quart greased a baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with parmesan and paprika.
4. Bake uncovered at 325F for 30-35 min. Makes 6-8 serving
1 lb. small zucchini squash
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 clove minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
6 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1. Cook zucchini whole in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Let it cool.
2. Saute onion and garlic in 4 Tbsp butter.
3. Cut cooled squash in cubes or circles and add to onion.
4. Stir in salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups cheese (reserve 1/2 cup for topping). Let it cool.
5. Mix vegetable mixture with beaten eggs.
6. Place mixture in buttered casserole dish.
7. Top with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes.
Spaghetti Squash with Sausage Filling
1 3 3/4- to 4-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthways, seeded
1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cups purchased low carb marinara sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Wrap squash halves in plastic wrap.
2. Cook 1 at a time in microwave on high until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Pierce plastic to allow steam to escape. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, sauté sausage, bell pepper, onion and garlic in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage browns and vegetables are tender
5. Break up sausage with back of a spoon, about 12 minutes. Mix in marinara sauce.
6. Using a fork, pull out squash strands from shells, leaving shells intact.
7. Mix squash strands into sausage mixture. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Spoon filling into squash shells. Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover; refrigerate.
9. Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange filled squash halves on baking sheet.
10. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
11. Bake uncovered until heated through, about 20 minutes (30 minutes if previously chilled).
12. Cut each squash half in two and serve. Makes 4 servings.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound fresh jalapenos, seeded and halved lengthways
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (replace with crushed pork rinds?)
sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
1. When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands, avoid touching your face.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses, bacon and seasonings. Mix well.
3. Spoon about 2 Tbs. into each pepper half.
4. Roll in breadcrumbs or pork rinds. Place in a greased 15x10x1″ baking pan.
5. Bake, uncovered, 300 degrees for 20 min. for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for mild.
6. Serve with sour cream or dressing.
Ingredients ¼ cup slivered blanched almonds ¼ cup butter ¼ tsp. salt 1 – 2 tsp. lemon juice 2 cups cooked green beans Instructions 1. Cook slivered almonds in butter over low heat until golden, stirring occasionally. 2. Remove from heat. Add salt and lemon juice. 3. Pour over hot, cooked green beans. Total recipe: 600 calories, 24 grams of carbohydrate Per serving: 150 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrate
Green Beans Almondine
¼ cup slivered blanched almonds
¼ cup butter
¼ tsp. salt
1 – 2 tsp. lemon juice
2 cups cooked green beans
1. Cook slivered almonds in butter over low heat until golden, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat. Add salt and lemon juice.
3. Pour over hot, cooked green beans.
Total recipe: 600 calories, 24 grams of carbohydrate
Per serving: 150 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrate
1 med. red pepper sliced lengthwise
1 med. green pepper sliced lengthwise
1 med. onion quartered and quartered again
1 med. yellow summer squash sliced about an inch thick
1 med. zucchini sliced about an inch thick
1/2 package of Lipton’s “Fiesta herb with red peppers” soup mix
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Mix olive oil and soup mix together in a bowl.
2. Add veggies and toss until well coated with oil/soup mixture.
3. Wrap in tin foil and grill until desired doneness.
4. Makes Approximately 6 Generous Servings
Total Carbs: 51 Per Serving: 8.5
Download a free PDF copy of these healthy vegetable recipes.