Are you looking for more tips on how to take care your hair?
Then, you are in the right place. These are the 27 tips on how to take care of your crowning glory.
1. Do not be hesitant in changing your hairstyle from time to time – Changing your hairstyle from time to time is actually good, since it provides people a glimpse of the different sides of you. Aside from that, it would also give you a chance to really identify the kind of hairstyle that would suit you best, in terms of comfort and looks.
2. Use some hair dye if your hair is getting gray – If your hair is getting gray, there is no need to be ashamed in dyeing it. Dyeing your hair would make you look younger. However, you should choose something that is not too harsh for it. Aside from that, after applying the hair dye, you should apply conditioner, to help make up for the lost moisture and oil.
3. Wash off mousse, gel, or any other hair products before going to bed – Before you call it a day, it is always best to remove any kind of hair products that you have applied. This is because mousse, gels, or any other items that you use to style your hair, can get your scalp irritated when allowed to stay overnight. Aside from that, they can also cause pimples.
4. Use natural hair products to maintain the fullness of your hair – There are lots of natural hair products today, which can help you maintain the fullness of your hair. Some of them are filled with coconut oil, while some with Aloe Vera. Keep in mind though, that you can also have your own Aloe Vera plant in your house, so that you would simply make use of it instead of buying hair care products.
5. Ask for a hot oil treatment on a regular basis – Whether you get a hair cut every now and then or not, it is best to go through a hot oil treatment on a regular basis. Hot oil can actually enhance the fullness of your hair. Aside from that, it can also prevent dandruff, and maintain your scalp’s moisture.
6. Never substitute conditioner for shampoo – Some people think that using a conditioner can be more beneficial than using a shampoo. On the contrary, it is actually the opposite, since using a conditioner without shampooing beforehand can make your hair look greasier. Thus, a conditioner should not be viewed as an alternative to shampoo.
7. Do not shampoo your hair for more than once in a day – Some people think that the more they clean their hair, the better it is, which is why they shampoo for more than once in a day. This is actually not a good practice, since it can dry out your hair and your scalp. When that happens, your hair would look dull, and it might even trigger dandruff.
8. How to keep hair color as vibrant as possible – Getting a new hair color can be expensive nowadays. Thus, it is best to maintain the vibrant of your hair color for as long as possible. To achieve that, you can simply make use of shampoos and conditioners, which are made for hair that has been colored. Just make sure to choose quality products, so that you would benefit from them.
9. What to do after using a hair conditioning mask – When you make use of a hair conditioning mask, it can actually open up the hair cuticles. To make sure that your hair cuticles are closed after using the said mask, all you need to do is to apply a cold water rinse. Cold water can actually close your skin pores, as well as the hair cuticles.
10. Make use of clarifying shampoo to maintain the health of your hair and scalp – It is not uncommon for a woman to make use of certain hair care products for the whole week, especially when reporting for work or attending parties. Because of that, these products can leave certain chemicals on your hair and scalp, which may eventually harm it. To clear your hair from such substances, make use of a clarifying shampoo at the end of the week.
11. How to revive curls at the middle of the day – If you love to have curls, then you want it to last longer than it should. The good news is that, you can do something to revive it. What you can do is to make use of pomade and apply it on your hair with the use of your palms. Scrunch just a little, in order to achieve the effects that you want.
12. How to properly use a flat iron to straighten your hair – In using a flat iron, you need to keep in mind that it makes use of heat to straighten your hair. Thus, the longer you use it, the more damaging it can be for your hair. To go around it, it is best to air dry your hair first, before you make use of the flat iron. You will be able to minimize exposing your hair to the heat this way.
13. Take a vitamin supplement that has biotin in it – Taking a vitamin supplement will enhance your health, as well as the beauty of your hair. However, if you want to make sure that you are taking something that can enhance hair growth, then choose one that contains biotin. Biotin makes hair grow faster and healthier.
14. How to cover split ends effectively – If you are already on your way to a party, when you just realized that you got split ends, there is something you can do to hide it. All you need to do is to straighten the ends with a flat iron, and apply a hair cream. Don’t forget that cutting the ends is also another solution that you can consider.
15. Use a conditioning treatment to prevent hair color from fading – One of the things that you don’t want to happen is to see your hair color fading too fast, especially in summer months. To ensure that it won’t happen, make use of a conditioning treatment after coloring your hair. Do it every week or at least every other month to ensure that it would take effect.
16. What to do before blow drying your hair – To ensure that your hair achieves more body, you should apply a little amount of gel. By doing that, it would lift your hair to some extent to give it the look that you want. Put the blow dryer in medium level though, so that you won’t dry out your hair too much and make it look dull.
17. If you have curly hair, use your fingers to brush out your curls – This is one of the best things that you can do in order to achieve a tousled look for your curly hair. Aside from that, it can also ensure that your curls would go together, which can enhance the shine and beauty of your locks. In addition, it would also make your curls bigger.
18. Learn how to make your curls last longer – If you like to curl up your hair from time to time with the use of a curling iron, you probably want it to last longer. To achieve that, make sure that your hair is already dry when you are about to start the process. Don’t use the curling iron for too long though, since it can dry out your hair.
19. Trim your hair every 6 to 8 weeks – It is always a good idea to trim your hair on a regular basis, such as every month, or at least every 6 to 8 weeks. Trimming it can ensure proper hair growth. Thus, it can enhance its shine, aside from preventing the occurrence of split ends.
20. How to condition greasy hair properly – When you apply a conditioner to your oily hair, it is best to avoid applying it directly to its roots. This is because, it can make your greasy hair more oily. Thus, it is best to apply conditioner around the point where your hair meets up with your ears, and up to its tips.
21. Avoid shampoo or hair products that are filled with sulfates – It is always best to check on the label of the shampoo that you are about to buy from the grocery store. This way, you can avoid products that are filled with sulfates. Sulfates can be harsh to your hair, which can dry up its cuticle.
22. Apply avocado or coconut oil on your hair during winter – During the winter months, due to the fact that it is too cold, it can leave your hair dry. Aside from that, it can also become brittle, which can lead to split ends. Thus, it is best to apply avocado or coconut oil on it, so that you can ensure that it has good moisture.
23. Take care of your hair brushes – You need to clean your hair brushes in a regular basis, in order to maintain the health of your hair. Keep in mind that whenever you use your hair brush while you are outside, or after going outside, it would accumulate dust or dirt. Therefore, if you won’t clean it, then you might be returning back the dust it has collected when you use it after taking a bath, since your hair is wet.
24. Avoid shampooing or washing your hair everyday – Although washing your hair and shampooing it each day means that it would also smell great, it may not be good for your scalp. Frequent shampooing and washing can actually lead to dry scalp. When that happens, your hair would also appear dry, and it could even lead to dandruff.
25. Apply avocado or coconut oil on your hair during winter – During the winter months, due to the fact that it is too cold, it can leave your hair dry. Aside from that, it can also become brittle, which can lead to split ends. Thus, it is best to apply avocado or coconut oil on it, so that you can ensure that it has good moisture.
26. Be mindful of what you apply on your hair – When you apply certain things on your hair, such as gel, hairspray, or mousse, you should do it sparingly. This is because, using it excessively can irritate your scalp. Aside from that, if you have a long hair, and it constantly rubs against your face, then it can also be the root cause for having acne infection.
27. Preventing grey hair – Making use of oil for your hair can help in preventing grey hair. However, to make it more effective, you can add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to it. Aside from that, you can also eat a teaspoon of curry leaf chutney at least every other day, since it has components, which can strengthen the cells that form the pigmentation from within.