Desserts? How about healthy desserts instead? Choose to prepare healthy desserts to satisfy your cravings and be healthy at the same time.
You know the dangers of sugar to your health and I’m sure you don’t want that.
To those who have a sweet tooth, enjoy some sweets in a healthy way.
Try these 5 low-calorie dessert recipes. They are easy to prepare for you to enjoy.
Grapefruit Mango Sorbet
This is a super light dessert, that won’t weigh you down on active nights.
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 large grapefruit, cut into segments
4 small scoops mango sorbet
mint sprigs (optional)
1. Simmer water, sugar, and ginger in a small heavy saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes.
2. Divide grapefruit sections among 4 dessert dishes.
3. Pour spiced syrup over grapefruit, dividing evenly.
4. Top each portion with a scoop of mango sorbet and garnish with a mint sprig, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Calories per Serving: 226
This treat uses non-fat yogurt for its creamy texture.
2 8-ounce containers or 2 cups nonfat peach yogurt
1/2 pint fresh raspberries (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks
Divide and layer yogurt, raspberries and pineapple into 4 glasses.
Makes 4 servings.
Calories per Serving: 109
This dessert takes on a Mexican meal is a treat for the whole family will enjoy.
2 whole wheat tortillas
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp peanut butter
a few chocolate chips (optional)
1. Mash banana in a bowl with potato masher.
2. Spread peanut butter and mashed banana on a tortilla. Add chocolate chips, and top with another tortilla.
3. Warm in microwave for 20 seconds. Take note, time may vary depending on your microwave.
4. Slice and serve. Makes 3 servings.
Calories per Serving: 240 (without chocolate chips)
This is a quick and simple treat that will still impress guests.
1 peeled and sliced mango
lime cut into wedges
1. Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat the broiler. Line a pan with foil.
2. Arrange mango slices in a single layer in the prepared pan.
3. Broil until browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Squeeze lime wedges over the broiled mango and serve. Makes 2 servings.
Calories per Serving: 69
Sesame seeds are tasty calcium packed powerhouses.
1/3 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup nonfat dry milk
3/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. In a large bowl, combine the honey, peanut butter, dry milk, sesame seeds, raisins, and coconut.
2. Spread the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into 1-inch squares. Makes 32 servings, 2 squares per serving.
Calories per serving: 58.4
Enjoy these dessert treats without feeling guilty or feeling bad about them.
Grab a free PDF copy of these dessert recipes.
You might be interested to have some healthy snacks as well.