Are you looking for dip recipes? Not all dips are created equal or can be prepared in the same way. Not all dips have nutritious ingredients.
Check these 11 healthy dip recipes for your snacks, appetizers or any meal for any occasion.
Healthy Dip #1 – Hot Crab Dip
Hot Crab Dip
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup toasted almonds
1 tsp. horseradish
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. cream
1 pound lump crab meat – use the canned or fresh mixed with the canned
2 tbsp. finely chopped onions
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine the cream cheese and milk.
3. Add the crabmeat, onion, horseradish and pepper.
4. Blend well and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
5. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
6. Bake at 375: for 15 minutes.
7. Serve hot with vegetable sticks or pork rinds. Makes 8-12 servings.
Healthy Dip #2 – Crab-Cheese Dip
2 cans (6 1/2 oz. each) crabmeat
1 container (8 oz.) creamed cottage cheese
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
twisted lemon slices
1. Drain crabmeat thoroughly. Reserve the reddest pieces for garnish.
2. Put remaining half in a container of an electric blender with cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
3. Whirl until blended.
4. Place in a bowl and garnish with remaining crabmeat, parsley, lemon slices.
Healthy Dip #3 – Chicken Cheese Dip
Chicken Cheese Dip
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 green onions, minced
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Mix together chicken, mayonnaise, green onions, spices, Swiss cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
3. Put mixture in a buttered casserole dish.
4. Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake about 10 minutes, until the top, is browned.
Healthy Dip #4 – Artichoke-Spinach Dip
1 cup chopped artichoke hearts (canned or frozen and thawed) drain the canned ones
1/2 cup frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
dash of black pepper
1. Boil the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Drain well in a colander.
3. Heat the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave set on high for 1 minute. Or use a saucepan to heat the cheese over medium heat just until hot.
4. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the cream cheese and stir well.
5. Add remaining ingredients to the cream cheese mixture and combine.
6. Serve hot with crackers, chips etc. Serves 4 as an appetizer.
Healthy Dip #5 – Bacon Cheddar Dip
Bacon Cheddar Dip
16 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 oz real bacon bits
1 envelope ranch dressing mix or ranch party dip mix
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover, and chill for one hour.
Healthy Dip #6 – Shrimp Dip
1 6 oz. can baby shrimp, drained
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
garlic and salt to taste
1. Mix it all together, and enjoy.
2. Add milk and/or more mayonnaise to thin it out. Sticks to the cheese and veggies better.
Healthy Dip #7 – Spinach Dip
16 oz sour cream &/or mayonnaise or combination of both
1 -2 pack frozen spinach thawed, drained and squeezed
1 tbsp. garlic powder or 1 clove of minced fresh garlic
1 tbsp. oregano
salt & pepper
2 tbsp. dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh chopped
1 bunch chopped green onion
1/2 tsp. chili powder
Mix and refrigerate overnight. Add more seasonings to taste.
Healthy Dip #8 – Guacamole
1 med. tomato, peeled
2 ripe avocados, black or green
3 tbsp. finely chopped, canned green chilies
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1-1/2 tbsp. white vinegar
1/8 tsp. pepper
1. In a medium bowl, crush tomato with potato masher
2. Peel avocados, halve crosswise and remove pits.
3. Slice avocados and tomato. Crush both until well blended.
4. Add chili peppers, onion, vinegar, and pepper. Mix well
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour until well chilled.
Healthy Dip #9 – Crabmeat Dip
4 cans crabmeat (drained)
2 small chopped onions
1 cup mayonnaise
garlic powder to taste
1. Mix first four ingredients and place in casserole dish.
2. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top to cover and sprinkle a little paprika on that.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbling at edges.
Healthy Dip #10 – Salmon Dip
1 8oz cream cheese
1 tbsp. Horseradish or Worcestershire sauce
chives (lots or little your choice)
1 small can pink salmon, drained
a shot of lemon juice
a drop or two of red food coloring (to make it all pinkish)
Once cream cheese is softened mix all ingredients together, as desired.
Healthy Dip #11 – Thai Shrimp Dip
Thai Shrimp Dip
1 pound medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce or low-sodium soy sauce
1 (12.3-ounce) package firm tofu, drained
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons minced green onions
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor, and process until minced.
2. Add lime juice, fish sauce, and tofu; pulse until blended.
3. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
4. Add onions and chopped cilantro to shrimp mixture, and mix until combined.
5. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Garnish the dip with additional shrimp and cilantro sprig, if desired. Make 3 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup).
Download a free PDF copy of these dip recipes.