Is it possible to use motivational and inspirational quotes to achieve your goals? Find out how and check some quotations for success for success and business below.
Changing your day-to-day behaviors may be easier than previously imagined.
By meditating on and repeating motivational and inspirational quotes, you are better prepared to change your thought patterns, behaviors and in turn, change your lives.
Here’s how it’s done.
If you believe something to be easy, you find little, if any struggle in accomplishing it.
However, if you imagine something to be difficult to accomplish, then your struggle becomes more apparent.
In fact, if you imagine that it is difficult to change a specific behavior, then you will always find experiences that will justify that belief.
Take this for example. You wake up one morning and decide that:
“This is the day I start losing weight. When things get difficult, I will not reach for junk food, but instead I will focus on something else to keep my mind occupied. It’ll be tough at first, but I’m going to give it a try.”
If you continue with this thought pattern and belief, don’t be surprised to find yourself struggling more often than not. Why?
If you look at this example closely you find a couple of thought patterns and beliefs already in place.
Be determined to do something good for ourselves, but we do ourselves a disservice by choosing certain negative thought patterns, beliefs and words that go along with it.
As you have said,
“When things get difficult….”
(This is already assuming that there will be difficult moments! Strike one!)
“It’ll be tough at first…”
(This is already assuming it will be difficult at first! Strike two!)
“…but I’m going to give it a try.”
(Remember the movie “The Karate Kid”…”There is no “try”, there is only “do”. Strike three!)
Now there are hundreds of products out there that will assist people in losing weight. Some, if not all of them, may work for various people at various stages of their goal.
But for many people who have convinced themselves that losing weight is difficult, some products may fall short when our thought patterns are stronger than our desire to change.
Here is something that you can do to change any behavior you no longer desired.
1. Decide to change your way of thinking about a behavior, making it easier for you to think about it. Phrase it in a simple way.
2. Choose a word to focus on to change that behavior for a period of time.
3. Find a minimum of three motivational or inspirational quotes related to that specific word that is powerful enough to change your current thought patterns the moment you read them.
Meditate on them and repeat them, silently or out loud, every chance you get.
Be patient. Stick with it. Give it some time.
Why do you think companies offer a 30-day money back guarantee? They know that if you do something for 30 days it becomes a habit and you no longer need to return it! Give it time.
The first step to what you want to accomplish is changing your mind and the thought patterns and beliefs associated with your behavior.
Thoughts are the precursor to action, meaning that thoughts occur before any action takes place. That’s what needs to be changed first – your thoughts.
Why read motivational sayings? For motivation! You might need a bit if you can use last year’s list of goals this year because it’s as good as new.
All of us can benefit from inspirational thoughts, so here are ten great ones.
“Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – Dale Carnegie
“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – Napoleon Hill
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Some men see things as they are and say, “Why?” I dream of things that never were and say, “Why not?” – George Bernard Shaw
“A small trouble is like a pebble. Hold it too close to your eye and it fills the whole world and puts everything out of focus. Hold it at a proper distance and it can be examined and properly classified. Throw it at your feet and it can be seen in its true setting, just one more tiny bump on the pathway of life.” – Celia Luce
“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
“I’m not telling you it is going to be easy – I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
Motivational Sayings on Attitude
“There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” – W. Clement Stone
“Nothing on earth can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
“A person cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances.” – James Allen
“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Mohandas Karamchand (Mahatma) Gandhi
These are quotes that mean something to me. Hopefully one or two of them are also inspiring to you.
If not, maybe they will motivate you to create your own motivational sayings.
Motivational Quotes for Business and other Work Environments
Some days a motivational quote can provide a quick pick-me-up for employees and even management. They can be a breath of fresh air when it comes to a drab afternoon.
These are also a great way to jazz up a newsletter or a memo or even to simply print and attach to a bulletin board. Using quotes like these are perfect ways to create a motivational and successful work environment.
As Mr. Rick Pitino says “The only way to get people to like working hard is to motivate them. Today, people must understand why they’re working hard. Every individual in an organization is motivated by something different.” –Rick Pitino
1. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall
3. “The only way around is through.” – Robert Frost
4. “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.” – Warren Buffet
5. “You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.” – Les Brown
6. “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
7. “Where there is an open mind, there will always be a frontier.” – Charles F. Kettering
8. “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right!” – Henry Ford
9. “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” – Jim Rohn
10. “Who likes not his business, his business likes not him.” – William Hazlitt
11. “Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating.” – Denis Waitley
12. “Management is nothing more than motivating other people.” – Le Iacocca
13. “Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.” – Dwight D.
14. “The most serious mistakes are not being made as a result of wrong answers. The truly dangerous thing is asking the wrong question.” – Drucker
15. “Why did I want to win? Because I didn’t want to lose!” – Max Schmelling
16. “To succeed in business, to reach the top, an individual must know all it is possible to know about that business.” – J. Paul Getty
17. “To win without risk is to triumph without glory.” – Pierre Corneille
18. “To succeed… You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” – Tony Dorsett
19. “The only limits are, as always, those of vision.” – James Broughton
20. “To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted.” – George Kneller
21. “To the degree we’re not living our dreams; our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves.” – Peter McWilliams
22. “To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
23. “To waken interest and kindle enthusiasm is the sure way to teach easily and successfully.” – Tryon Edwards
24. “Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.” – Spanish Proverb
25. “The noblest search is the search for excellence.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
26. “The man who does not work for the love of work but only for money is not likely to neither make money nor find much fun in life.” – Charles M. Schwab
27. “The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water; but to walk on the earth.” – Chinese Proverb
28. “The new source of power is not money in the hands of a few, but information in the hands of many.” – John Naisbitt
29. “The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed.” – Henry Ford
30. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
Many employers will add these quotes inside the employees’ paycheck envelope.
Sometimes it may be a motivational quote, other times a silly antidote.
Include employee birthdays or other important events to help your employees feel a part of the team.
Nevertheless, wherever you are, motivational sayings or inspirational quotes are catchy little phrases that can get your attention, pause for a while, and think about it.
Ponder its truth. How it is related to you, how it challenged you and how can you make things even better and what can you do to make them happen.