Does having a healthy hair, one of your best feature?
In today’s culture, it is important to put your best look forward. Many are looking for the perfect look, product, care, and price.
It’s rare we find a style that fits into all these categories, but we try our best.
Women of different ethnic backgrounds have a certain needs that need to be addressed, but often times we are neglected by the mainstream.
It’s important to for manufacturers to keep in mind the different textures that we have to work with, and what products are going to work best for us.
A lot of styles that we are trying to achieve are often techniques that tend to dry our hair out whether it’s complete coverage dye, highlights, relaxers, perms, or any styling tool.
Keep in mind that it’s not only the style that makes us look good but the health and vitality of the hair itself. Having shine in our hair is a sign of good health.
Even psychologists think that men go after the younger woman not because of age, but the aesthetic that come with the woman.
Shinny hair, a creamy completion, and other various attributes contribute to this theory. Nowadays though women are not judged by age, but the attention-getter is the look.
There are many shampoos and conditioners that contain shea butter which is rich in vitamins.
If you’re looking for products that don’t contain or have little chemicals to damage your hair
It is recommended to for organic products. These products are with a high content of natural ingredients.
They have organic shampoos, conditioners, dye, and even skin care lines.
What’s Your Hair IQ?
If you don’t know, you’re not alone. A hair care survey by Impulse Research found many women make hair mistakes.
Here are tips to help you get the most from your hair:
Long Hair Care
53% of women surveyed have longer than shoulder-length hair and 55 percent have had the same style for more than 12 months.
To keep your hair looking great and feeling healthy, or if you’re looking for a new style, remember these tips:
- Stylists recommend a quarter-inch trim every five weeks to prevent damage caused by split ends.
- Cutting layers into long hair gives it shape and manageability. Adding fringe creates softness and definition while providing more styling options.
- Highlights and low lights create texture and dimension without cutting layers.
Even though 75 percent of women use heat styling tools such as curling irons and blow-dryers, only 16 percent use thermal protection products regularly.
Thermal protection products prevent hair from heat damage. Sixty-five percent said that they use a blow-dryer daily.
Here are a few things to look for in a blow-dryer:
- Ionic blow-dryers reduce drying time to eliminate frizz and add body.
- A cooler setting or “cold shot” on blow-dryers is used to set a style once hair is dry.
- Some stylists recommend adding a diffuser to enhance curls and create volume and texture.
Pick a Product
The right product can add volume, hold, shine or curls. A stylist at a product-focused salon such as Trade Secret can help you identify your hair type and find the products it needs.
Here are some guidelines:
- The heavier and coarser your hair, the heavier your product needs to be. Gel is great for supporting heavy hair and pomade and wax separate and define your style.
- If you have fine- or medium-textured hair, choose a lightweight product. Mousse provides definition and support and is a lighter styling solution than gel or pomade.
- Hairspray comes in a variety of strengths, from flexible to firm holds, and works with any hairstyle.
- Shine and smoothing serums add sheen to hair while controlling frizz. They come in a variety of weights so there’s a formula for all hair types.
How To Get Hair That Will Make Others Envious?
How to get hair that makes others jealous?
What qualities are needed for that? How to manage hair so that it remains healthy at all the times and how to avoid hair damage?
These are some important questions that need to be answered to get hair that makes others envious.
Here are few quick tips-
Hair Care Tip 1 – Brush Gently
Don’t brush wet hair. Untangle hair with fingers gently. Any rough action will damage the cuticle and expose the shaft.
This causes long-term damage to the hair. Keep your cuticles healthy and half the battle is won.
Cuticles are like the walls of a house. If the walls are strong the house will remain strong, otherwise, everything will come down.
Hair Care Tip 2 – Healthy Cuticles
To manage the health of the cuticles use a leave in conditioner. Don’t use harsh detergents or soaps on the hair. Avoid all types of chemical treatments and avoid heat as much as possible.
All the chemical treatments damage the cuticle. Otherwise, they would not work. Keep away from the sunshine because the sun damages hair. Wear a hat that does not allow light to enter.
Whenever you go for a swim in the sea, wear a protective cap and take bath immediately afterward. Chlorine in the swimming pools can damage the hair. Take protection from that.
After swimming in the pool, use a detergent that will neutralize the chlorine. If you don’t take these steps, you may even suffer hair loss.
These are some small tips to protect your hair. Like Rome, good and healthy scalp hair does not build in a day. Take care everyday and get envious looks from others.
Precautions To Be Taken While Combing Hair
Hair combing is a routine activity of almost all people. Some people keep a particular hair style throughout their life and some especially younger generation adopts new styles according to new trends and fashion.
Hair styles have got close relation with the personality of a person. The hair of an unhygienic person is usually tangled and dirty because of lack of washing and combing.
To have a healthy scalp hair proper nutrition is needed. General health has got direct relation with the quality and quantity of hair.
Regular washing, use of hair oil, proper combing, and the likes are also needed to make the hair beautiful.
These are some general tips in combing your hair.
1) Different varieties of combs are available in the market. The best comb is selected by considering the nature of hair (hard or soft, long or short), style and convenience.
2) Combing should be done with utmost care and concentration. Some people especially gents think about some other matters and comb without any care which may be harmful to the hairs.
3) Combing should be gentle. A vigorous combing can increase hair falling.
4) Do not comb if the hair is wet. First, dry it with a towel and then put some oil and gently massage it. Now, the combing will be easy and harmless.
5) Should not be combed in the opposite direction of hairs. This can increase hair falling.
6) Vigorous combing in backward direction can produce traction baldness.
7) Frequent combing can damage the scalp and the hair follicles. Those who carry pocket comb use it frequently and make it a habit. Combing two or three times in a day is sufficient.
8) The tooth of the comb should not be sharp and it should not be pressed too tightly on the scalp.
9) Always clean the comb before and after use because hair and dirt deposited in the gap will make combing difficult and painful.
10) Others comb should not be used. This helps to prevent fungal and bacterial infections. Head lice can also spread from one person to other by sharing the combs.
11) Combing the tangled hair is difficult and painful. Hence use some shampoo for cleaning and after drying put oil and make the hairs free for an easy combing.
10 Definite Don’ts of Great Hair Care
If the amount of money consumers spend on hair care products annually is any indication, most people are concerned about the appearance of their hair and strive to attain beautiful, healthy and stylish locks.
In fact, most will go to any lengths to achieve their desired look. From professional salon treatments to over-the-counter serums, hair care is a big business.
The only problem is that while many people are buying the right hair care products for their hair, they forget to follow basic hair care regimens that will guarantee the health and beauty of their tresses.
Additionally, many are also causing needless damage to their hair by participating in unhealthy hair care behavior.
So, what should you do to make sure that your hair stays healthy, shiny and strong?
To avoid all hair care disasters, follow these 10 absolute don’ts of great hair care.
These are the Hair Care Don’ts
1. Avoid unprofessional and over-the-counter hair care products whenever you can. Many of these only offer false hopes and promises.
2. Do not cut your own bangs. Leave all of your cutting needs, even bangs, to your hair care professional.
3. Avoid the excessive sun, chlorine, and salt water during the summer months. Excessive exposure can cause severe damage that is irreversible even if you use the best hair care products.
4. Do not use clarifying hair care products on your tresses more than one time per week. They can strip hair of moisture and essential oils.
5. Do not visit a hair care salon without first getting a referral from someone you can trust. Choosing a salon based on an advertisement or sale alone is very risky.
6. Do not purchase hair color that comes in a box.
7. Never stick with an outdated look because you are afraid of looking different. Styles change for a reason. Ask your hair care professional to bring you into this decade with a new style.
8. Do not straighten your hair with a clothes iron. This was so over in the 70s. We have straightening irons that won’t damage your hair for this now. Look in the hair care isle.
9. Don’t brush your hair or put too much tension on it while it is still wet. This will cause breakage. Also, do not wear tight styles such as cornrows for extended periods of time unless you have ethnic hair.
10. Never use sun-lightening products such as lemon juice or over-the-counter hair care products designed to lighten hair with the sun unless you want a very short haircut in the future.