Are you familiar with the uses of hypnosis or what can hypnosis be used for? Hypnosis has many uses and has wide application.
You might be surprised at how much it can do and can contribute to your health and performance. Let’s check some of these.
You might be surprised at how much it can do and can contribute to your health and performance.
Let’s check some of these.
In addition to eating right and exercising regularly, hypnosis is a powerful tool you can use in obtaining your weight loss goals.
For many people, their intentions are good, but they often lack the motivation needed to be successful when getting started. Here is how hypnosis can help:
Here is how hypnosis can help:
1. You will experience slow weight loss which is most healthy and longest lasting
2. You will learn healthy eating to keep weight off permanently
3. You will find new habits that you will enjoy, thanks to hypnosis, like exercise and healthy foods
4. You will have more positive self-image as a thin person which will help you lose weight
5. You will remove the stress associated with losing weight, causing you to eat less
6. Your view of the weight loss process will change from negative to positive
7. Your increased confidence will help you become a new person
Why do people have weight problems? For various reasons, however, the most common reason is stress.
Most people are multi-tasking and trying to balance family and work.
The time crunch, coupled with the fact the many people eat comfort foods when stressed, means obesity and weight gain. Hypnosis can help.
Studies show that cortisol is a major player in the body’s response to stress. Stress signals hormones to stimulate the adrenal glands, which also activates pleasure seeking behaviors.
To many, eating comfort foods – those that are high carb, high fat, high sugar, and high in empty calories – is a pleasure seeking activity.
Hypnosis relaxes the stress drive, causing the brain to not crave comfort foods and overeating. Hypnosis is also used as a proactive tool to avoid overeating in the first place.
Hypnosis will help you achieve your weight loss goals by:
1. Helping your get, and stay, motivated
2. Change your food cravings from bad-for-you to healthy choices
3. Face cravings by “thinking thin.”
4. Ensuring that the subconscious doesn’t get in the way of your weight loss efforts
5. Helps you recognize the difference between true hunger and emotional eating.
Here are FREE hypnosis tracks for weight loss that you can use:
Improve Academic Performance
You can use hypnosis to turn poor grades into good ones. If the cause of difficulty in school is caused by your disinterest or dislike in it, hypnosis can help.
The suggestions given to your subconscious by a hypnotherapist will help you begin to enjoy learning and going to school each day, which will then impact your study habits.
Your grades will improve by your more focused attention, effort, and enjoyment that you will get from school.
Memory and Concentration Improvement
Also going hand-in-hand with helping you improve your educational experience, hypnosis will help you remember more and concentrate better.
There are a number of reasons why a person’s memory is compromised. Perhaps the lack of sleep, lack of food, stress, or aging has caused you to not be able to recall information as easily as before.
There are several points that are important when trying to improve your memory and concentration:
1. Heighten emotional states are typically times of easier concentration
2. You need to have the intention to remember
3. You need a real interest in the subject
4. Use imagery and repetition to create more favorable memory situations
5. Being relaxed is essential for recalling
6. You need to have self-confidence that you can have a strong memory
Hypnosis will help you sharpen your memory and improve your focus. You will notice that your memory improves with the ability to remember more, more often.
Use Hypnosis to Bring Yourself Better Health
Hypnosis helps you listen to your body by listening to suggestions given to you while you are in a state of deep relaxation. When you are deeply relaxed – as in hypnosis – your immune system is at its optimum.
Hypnosis also helps you sleep better. Sleep is essential for body rejuvenation and self-healing.
When your brain and body are able to reach a deep state of sleep, your immune system improves, and your health issues can begin to become less severe. Think of hypnosis as a break from feeling sick.
Not only that, hypnosis is often used for headaches. Migraines and tension headache sufferers use hypnosis to relax and reduce blood pressure.
With this, the blood vessels are not as constrained and the headaches diminish. Hypnosis helps headaches because:
– it relaxes you
– stress hormones are reduced
– concentration and memory are improved.
Hypnosis is used for other common health concerns. Teeth grinding can be eliminated through hypnosis. Irritable Bowel Syndrome is also relieved through hypnosis.
Diabetes is more than just a biological problem. In addition to troubled blood sugar levels, there is pricey medication, depression, and constant medical care. Hypnosis can help – especially with depression.
Studies have shown that high blood sugar levels lead to biochemical changes in the brain that cause depression.
Unfortunately, many doctors are still only treating the obvious symptoms of diabetes and ignoring depression. Nearly 46% of people with diabetes have some form of depression linked to the disease.
A two-pronged approach is best for diabetes. If medication is coupled with hypnosis, the disease’s entire impact on the mind and body will be treated.
Bulimia and Anorexia are both deadly eating disorders that are treatable if the individual wants to be treated.
Both diseases involve a distorted body image when someone who is not overweight – and is many times dramatically underweight – thinks they are “fat.” These behavioral diseases are difficult to treat.
Behavioral treatments and medication are common for these two disorders, and hypnosis can help the mind change from thinking like a bulimic or anorexic, to a person that has a healthy body image and relationship with food.
Hypnosis can be used to reprogram the way a person thinks. A professional can use positive suggestions to change a bulimic’s or anorexic’s thought process in regards to eating and related behaviors.
Hypnosis is also used to find the root cause of the problem. Many times, eating disorders are caused by a person’s attempt to regain control in their life.
Being successful in sales means that you need to have the right attitude and a strong belief system. Hypnosis is an excellent tool in helping you develop and build what you need to be an all-star salesperson.
One of the best parts about using hypnosis to improve sales ability is that the results are usually obvious right away.
Hypnosis will help you create a persona that will make people want to hear about what you are selling. You will be able to develop the interpersonal skills you need to excel in sales.
Do you have trouble saying “no?” Do you avoid confrontation at all costs even if that means you have to compromise yourself to keep the peace?
Hypnosis can help people learn when it is appropriate to say no, and when you should add something new to your plate. You will learn to be confident, and turn a stress situation into a calming one, while still not agreeing to everything.
With anxiety, come the primal “fight or flight” reaction, rapid heart rate, tenseness, and nausea. Hypnosis can be used to reprogram the brain into knowing how to properly handle stressful situations.
It can also be used to develop more confidence, relaxation techniques, and coping skills for anxiety-inducing scenarios.
Hypnosis is also used in helping treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), after a traumatic event. Or perhaps there is anxiety over any number of phobias – hypnosis can help with that too.
Smoking Cessation and Discontinuing Tobacco Use
Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things a smoker can do. However, it is of absolute importance for good health and longevity.
Hypnosis helps deal with the crankiness, weight gain concern, and helps you stop smoking once and for all.
Hypnotherapy can stimulate your motivation in the subconscious mind. This can be used to discontinue use of chewing tobacco, cigarettes or cigars.
A trained professional can help you through the power of suggestion to lose interest in tobacco altogether.
Hypnosis provides welcome relief for people suffering from chronic pain. Pain relief is considered one of the most popular uses of hypnosis.
No matter if the pain is caused from an accident, Multiple Sclerosis or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, hypnosis will help your brain perceive the pain differently.
One of the main benefits of using this type of treatment is that you can avoid the many negative side effects of prescription painkillers, such as addiction.
Low Self-Esteem and Depression
Are you depressed or feeling low in self-worth? This is an increasingly serious problem: find out how hypnotherapy can help you create and build up feelings of self-worth and self-belief.
Overcome the hurts of the past and move on towards a more positive and hopeful future. You can move into a better future.
Do you ever feel as if you are losing control of yourself in everyday situations?
Have you ever been in the grip of frightening physical symptoms, like intense sweating, palpations, nausea, fainting?
Hypnotherapy can calm your nerves and get to the root of the problem – reducing or even releasing this terrifying anxiety.
Fears, Phobias & Flashbacks
Hypnotherapy can be most effective in releasing phobias -amongst the ones I am often asked to treat is the fear of traveling on the tube in London.
It can also deal with the effects of trauma, including flashbacks. Modern techniques can substantially reduce or even remove the symptoms in 2/3 sessions.
Have you have been the victim of a traumatic and frightening event?
Then you could be suffering the disabling effects of post-traumatic stress.
Nowadays there are techniques which have been seen to effectively and safely release the symptoms.
Hypnosis for Confidence
If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started. – Marcus Garvey
Before we embark upon the journey of instilling confidence in you through hypnotherapy, let’s understand the basics of low self-confidence.
The truth of the matter is that low self-confidence is often our doing, which ricochets back to us from other people.
Believe it or not, people even strangers can sense the low confidence levels in you; and this just triggers a similar feeling in them about you.
If you don’t trust yourself, why should anyone else trust you? The way we perceive ourselves directly affects the way others perceive us. A number of people lose out on great opportunities in life because of this.
From getting turned down in an interview to a failed marriage; from being laughed at in school to not getting enough responsibility at work, low confidence has the knack to seep into every corner of our lives.
Common examples of low self-confidence are – exam nerves, fear of public speaking, of being interviewed, of meeting new people, stage fright, and fear of being laughed at and so on.
General symptoms would include physical manifestations such as fidgeting, stuttering, shaking and sweating. However, low self-confidence is not just an “on the surface” problem, the reasons behind this could be a lot deeper.
From a stray incident in your childhood, to what someone once said about you, can create damaging impressions in your mind. Though Hypnosis for confidence you learn to get to the root of the problem.
Hypnotherapy teaches you to be more positive about yourself; it works towards creating a better self-image through training your subconscious mind to do away with the negative feelings.
It works on auto-suggestion and positive reinforcements…over a period of time, you will see the difference in yourself when your subconscious turns down any negative input about you. You will be more calm and composed, and ready to take on the world.
Someone once said that “To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” It couldn’t be truer. Hypnotherapy lets you overcome your fears of new situations and people.
Hypnotherapy for confidence lets you be comfortable in your own skin and clear the clutter in your mind. It makes you love yourself. The power of your subconscious mind is something which has not been tapped.
More Usage of Hypnosis
There are some things hypnosis can help you do that might surprise or amaze you:
- Locate lost objects. If you were the one who put it away, or you witnessed it being put away, hypnosis might help. Even if the incident was years ago. Try it and see what happens.
- Enjoy foods you’ve avoided. Brussel sprouts are healthy, and whole-grain bread is better for you than white, nutritionists tell us. But what if you just don’t like the taste? A little hypnosis and you might change all that, though if your resistance persists, check for an allergy. Sometimes your body just “knows.”
- End cravings. The reverse of #2, this helps you turn down brownies, stop uncontrolled shopping, or even give up the boyfriend who keeps doin’ ya wrong.
- Enjoy public speaking. They call it a greater fear than death. Too bad. Being an effective speaker can boost your career in your company, your industry, and beyond. Once-reticent clients gasp at the changes in themselves—and the benefits they reap. If stopping smoking stops draining money, becoming a good speaker puts money in the bank.
- Exercise longer, stronger and more efficiently. Hypnosis can help your turn distaste for working out into a craving. Ask yourself: “What would exercising give me? What would it make possible in my life?” A talented hypnotherapist spins a powerful motivational story for your subconscious, making it all so desirable that you can’t wait to shop for running shoes.
- Attract your life partner. You think finding the person of your dreams is about mesmerizing her or her? Nope. Start with yourself. Hypnosis for confidence, sex appeal, or immediate rapport gives you a feeling you’ve never had before. And that sense of self is very appealing to others. Try it out.
- Get more done in less time. It’s not all about organizing your files or upgrading your technology. Productivity, effectiveness, and enjoying what you do all start in the mind. And specifically, in your subconscious mind.
- Relieve an itch. When is an itch not an itch? When it’s a habit. Keep scratching it and it feels itchier. And irritated. Irritated skin often itches (not to mention bleeds) so you’ve created a cycle. But you can tell your subconscious to disengage that phantom itching, allow your healing, and get back that healthy smoothness.
Other Uses for Hypnosis
Hypnosis is an excellent therapy for many other personal issues. It can help students keep focused and motivated to calmly approach learning in the best way possible.
Hypnosis is also great for attitude adjustments so that you have a better, more positive outlook on life.
When advancing your career, hypnosis can help with your written and verbal skills, concentration, professional behavior, tenacity, presentation, and decision-making abilities.
Hypnosis can help athletes get motivated for better performance. It can help you feel more relaxed and perform better when speaking in public.
And lastly, hypnosis is a wonderful way to tackle tough habits, like nail biting.
Here are other articles to find out more about hypnosis: